world365trend: When you spot some bumps and blemishes on your face and been tempted to puff it, hands off approach is the best way to keep it calm because popping anything causes your skin to physically break apart, making it more susceptible to infections and can even make the skin worse than what was there originally.
To keep your skin from further damages, avoid these common mistakes:
- Ingrown Hairs: They occur when the hair becomes trap under the skin surface. Do not use tweezers and manual force to pluck them, because it will lead to red bumps and are often itchy and inflamed. Dangerous complication like staph infection or sepsis could occur afterword, because it breaks the skin and expose it to further infections and inflammation. Apply hydro-cortisone which reduces redness, itching and irritation and wash the affected part with a cleanser.
- Cold Sores: They easily multiply after popping them. because it releases fluids which still contain the same virus and spreads to other parts. It can be easily be transferred from one person to another in contact with another body.
- Milia: Also known as un-poppable bump because it is very tiny and hard to pop (at least without a dermatologist). Attempting to pop them will leave the skin red, irritated and inflamed while the bumps will still be intact.
- Keratosis Pilaris: The plug that blocks the opening of a hair follicle, leads to buildup of keratosis pilaris also known as chicken skin. Picking it becomes worsen and scarring. You can treat it by using glycolic acid or salicylic acid to calm any possibility of inflammation.
- Blackhead: Attempting to pick or pop them damages the skin which pushes the bacterial deeper, and causes trauma. Use face wash to bring the blackhead to the skin surface and makes your face fresh.
- Cystic Acne: It occurs very deep in the skin, more painful and harder to treat with OTC meds. The healing process leads to permanent scarring that can not be eliminated. Because it occurs far beneath the skin, hands wont be able to get to the bumps, thereby creating a bloody spot which makeups wont be able to cover.
- Whitehead: A tiny pop will result into spreading of bacterias throughout the skin and also forcing the bacteria deeper into the skin, and when it is penetrated further beneath the skin, it damages the tissue leaving you with scar. The solution is by allowing the acne to clear on it’s own, because the body generates collagen which gives the skin support and will eventually repair the damages.