Hair loss is a common occurrence in both men and women. Before thinning hair or baldness become so severe that hair transplant is the only answer, it is best to take action to stem hair loss.
Their are variety of reason which promote hair loss on the head. Reasons like lack of vitamin, hormonal changes, stress, certain hairstyles, heredity or even shock.
Prevention of hair loss can be done by these:
- Nutritional deficiency: If you eat good, nutritious, low calorie food, you can stem hair loss. Iron and vitamin deficiency can also be treated by appropriate supplements.
- Hormonal problems: This usually occured during pregnancy, childbirth or menopause. This may later go up if the level of hormones goes up. Getting your thyroid levels tested and treated in case you have low levels can help reduce hair loss.
- Stress: Avoid been stressed too much. Adopt activities like relaxing, excercising, mediating, or simply some hobbies. Having balance in your life will surely help in preventing hair loss.
- Hair Style: Hairdos that pull your hair like tight pony tails, braids, cornrows, dreadlocks contribute to hair loss. Keeping your hair loose, clean, nourished and conditioned can decrease this kind of hair loss.
- Auto-Immune Diseases: Immune disorder also causes hair loss. If you have been diagonised with it and resulted into hair loss, then local steroid injections can help stem hair loss.
- Using Some Products: Some hair products contribute to hair loss. Products that include stiff hair sprays, strong hair dyes, perms that make the hair brittle and cause it to break. In addition to that, over processing of hair like hair drying on high heat or hot hair curlers or straightening wands can also lead to hair loss. Unfortunately the hair does not grow back.
- Chemotherapy, Radiotherapy and other Medicines: These result in temporary hair loss. It takes time before the hair will grow back. It can take up to six months.
If you have already lost a lot of hair, be it either bald patches or thinning hair, you can try the newer medications for hair loss. While hair weaving is a temporary solution, it can actually lead to more hair loss as the hair has to be anchored to your existing hair. Apart from repeatedly having this done as the hair grows out, the pulling can lead to more problems.
You should check with your medical practitioner or dermatologist as to which product is right for you and in what strength for best results.