Measles is a contagious disease with cold, fever and pink spots all over the body as its symptoms.
It is caused by a virus called paramyxo, and measles attack mostly children because they are prone to not following proper hygiene and cleaning habits, and are still developing immunity.
However, measles is easy to treat at home through simple DIY remedies by doing the following:
- Take a complete rest: Measles make you feel tired all the time along with fever and sore throat. Therefore the best way is to take a lot of rest as it will provide energy and boost the immune system so that it can easily fight the disease. It also helps in the reduction of the measles symptoms.
- Drink barley water: Includes barley water in your diet because it will help get rid of vitamin A deficiency. Once the deficiency is cured, you will notice that measles will stop spreading over the body. Just soak few tablespoons of barley in water for 2-3 hours and then separate water from barley. Drink this water thrice or twice everyday and very soon you will get rid of the measles.
- Drink lots of water: Drinking plenty of water during the day can help you fight measles thereby recovering at the earliest, because it keeps you hydrated all the time. Water is also the best way to lower down body’s temperature and enables you to breathe well by protecting the respiratory system.
- Include thyme in your diet: Thyme is an excellent medicine for curing several disease including measles. You can use thyme in soups and even add thyme to oil, this will help in soothing the throat and reduce the pink spot and rashes. Also adding time to tea helps in flushing out harmful toxins from the body.
- Eat butter and sugar candy: You must give 2 tablespoons of mixture of butter and sugar candy to the person suffering from fever due to measles. This mixture effectively helps in reducing the fever and other symptoms of measles.
- Use turmeric powder and basil leaves: Turmeric powder and basil leaves are helpful in getting rid of symptoms caused by measles. You need to extract juice from the basil leaves and mix it with a pinch of turmeric powder, consuming the mixture will deliver you recovering symptoms from measles.
The DIY home remedies are the best and convenient methods to ease the measles patients by healing the disease naturally. If these remedies are done with everyday activities, there will be a rapid recovery process occurring.